Work LocationChengdu( 成都),Chinese RequiredYesExperience Required2 Years
QualificationMasters DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Logrus IT has opened a full-time vacancy in China for a Chinese to English translator and editor in the field of games.
If interested, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why the job appeals you.
In response, we will send you a test task.
- Edit and proofread translated texts, ensuring the accuracy of the translation and compliance with customer requirements and glossaries.
- Translate game-related texts.
- Maintain glossaries and reports on translation tasks.
- Evaluate the work of translators, and prepare materials and instructions.
- Types of material: game documentation (user manuals, etc.), in-game and encyclopedic help content, system messages and user interface text, lists of objects, skills, and characters, in-game text explaining tasks, character dialogue, etc.
- Must be a native English speaker
- Knowledge of the Chinese language. Solid grammar knowledge, conversational vocabulary, familiarity with archaisms and jargon, and the ability to use dictionaries and reference materials. An ability to work with source materials written by non-native speakers (including grammatically incorrect constructions and foreign language inclusions).
- A sense of style. The ability to correctly and clearly express thoughts in English. The ability to stylistically edit a literary text (including speech by different characters and texts of different genres).
- Literacy. Firm knowledge of the rules of English spelling and punctuation. The ability to use dictionaries, reference guides, and Internet resources to research a topic. The ability to clearly explain to translators what mistakes they have made and formulate translation rules for similar phrases or punctuation in complex cases.
- Experience and skill using MS Office.
- The ability to search for information related to games using the Internet.
Would be an asset:
- At least 2 years of experience translating and editing translated texts.
- An educational background in linguistics or philology.
- Knowledge of foreign languages other than Chinese.
- Familiarity with CAT systems (Trados, memoQ, SmartCat).
- Interest in various genres of games and the gaming experience.
- Work in a comfortable office in the city of Chengdu.
- Full-time employment (five-day work week, with overtime jobs payable)
- Official registration and insurance
- Assistance in obtaining a work visa
- The salary level is discussed with successful candidates based on the results of the test and interview.