Theory of Knowledge (TOK) Teacher (Philosophy/Critical thinking)
Posted 32 days ago ·
Work LocationChengdu( 成都),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required2 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)18000 - 30000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Teaching
We are looking for a full-time Theory of Knowledge (TOK) Teacher for a school in Chengdu. This is a full-time position starting from the upcoming academic year in August 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual, weekly, and DP lesson plans to organize the curriculum of instruction.
- Coordinate with grade level and department teams to plan and collaborate on curriculum integration.
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Prepare accurate and timely assessments of student achievement, attendance records, and maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, and tests in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with the school IB coordinator and TOK team to evaluate, revise, and/or update curricula, course content and course materials
- Tutor TOK essay and IA task (20 students minimum)
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding any circumstances that warrant it, both written and oral, as well as timely entry of narratives at the end of each grading period.
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above from an accredited college or university; academic background specialized in philosophy or relevant domain is preferred
- 2 years or successful experience teaching in an IB or similar program
- Candidates with TOK teaching experience are strongly preferred
- Ability to lead students in project based, hands on learning experiences.
- Creative and enthusiastic approach to teaching.
- Excellent team player within all departments
Salary and benefits
- Monthly salary of 18,000 to 30,000 RMB
- Housing allowance of up to 2000 RMB
- Annual bonus up to 10,000 RMB
- Summer and winter holidays
- National public holidays