Work LocationBeijing( 北京 ),Chinese RequiredYesExperience Required3 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsGame Development, Management, Operations
A leading mobile game developer and publisher that specializes in free-to-play MMO Strategy games. Are you interested in shaping the future of mobile gaming? Do you want to deliver texts read by millions of players daily, in countries across the globe? We are looking for a Senior Localization Manager to lead and manage the Localization Department.
As the Senior Localization Manager will manage the Localization Department, and work closely with game teams and a network of agencies & freelancers. You will track daily requests and their delivery progress for a variety of complex mobile games. As well as, monitoring text quality across many languages. This position will also include billing management, tracking expenditure for all localization-related work, establishing contracts, and monitoring invoicing across multiple projects. You will be responsible for the workflow process, as well as its improvement for greater efficiency.
The role will liaise between game production teams, third-party localization vendors, the Legal Department, the Publishing Department, and core management. The role will also liaise with the User Research team to regularly conduct player surveys in order to rate and review player perception of our game text quality.
This role also requires the ownership and execution of a company-wide initiative – to advocate for the merits of proper localization and text management to game & project teams, and to create/manage a set of guidelines and best practices for these functions.
- 3+ years of experience with a variety of centralized localization workflows within the gaming industry
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in English & Chinese (Mandarin)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and proactive, with excellent organizational skills
- Quick to react, highly adaptable
- Self-motivated to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Fluent in gaming terminology
- Familiarity with foreign languages (English, French, German, etc.)
- Common sense, good judgment, and a great sense of humor
- Patient, flexible, with good teaching skills
- Knowledge of CAT tools
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally (France, China)
- Zero tolerance for low quality, perpetually concerned with quality text delivery