Work LocationNanchang( 南昌 ),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required5 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Teaching
We are looking for a Humanities Teacher for an international school based in Nanchang. The core purpose of the Teacher of Humanities role is to provide School students with a stimulating, challenging and enjoyable learning experience both in and beyond the classroom, and to offer them the encouragement they need to thrive.
- Teach mixed ability class (or classes), as allocated, drawn from a wide range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, including students for whom English may, or may not, be their first language.
- Monitor, assess and report on learner’s work and progress, in accordance with the school’s policy and procedures on assessment and reporting.
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and production/ongoing review of units/schemes of work
- Actively contribute to the teaching team
- Demonstrate and pursue excellence in teaching and best practices in education, including teaching and learning.
- Keep professionally current on developments in the field of education, through reading and participating in in-service courses and workshops
- Identify and adopt the most effective active, creative teaching approaches for all students in line with current best practice and the ethos of our school
- Work with others members of the academic teaching team to apply
- Seek ways to take learning beyond the classroom Identify and take advantage of resources to conceptualise learning locally, regionally and/or globally
- Set, communicate and assess homework/formative work regularly in line with school policy
- Develop and support student’s ability to work independently and with others by teaching relevant skills, strategies in line with the subject and the school’s learning progression
- Provide relevant information about student or parental concerns to the appropriate line manager
- Model and promote the learner profile
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Teaching certification (QTS, PGCE or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- International school working experience is preferred
- Monthly salary of 21,000 to 25,000 RMB after tax
- Comfortable flat (2 bedrooms and a living room) provided free of charge
- Paid summer/winter vacation
- Reimbursement of flight
- Medical Insurance