Work LocationChongqing( 重庆 ),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required5 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Management
International school in Chongqing is looking to fill in the position of Head of English starting from September 2022.
As the Head of English, you’ll strategically lead the English Department in regard to the teaching, learning and managing resources and people within the department.
- The intent, implementation and impact of the curriculum in the English Department.
- The academic performance of the students, including the performance in external examinations, of subjects taught within the English Department.
- The quality of provision. This refers to both the teaching & learning and resources fond within the English Department.
- The deployment of all staff, the appropriate delegation of tasks and the effective use of all finances.
- The implementation of all school policies, including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment, in the best interests of the pupils.
- The development in the English curriculum, ensuring that they are consistent with the School’s boarder aims and policies and are in the best interests of the pupils.
- The evaluation of staff performance, academic standards and the personal development and well being of the students, ensuring that it is effective.
- To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress and behaviour for learning both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
- To comply with the current policies and procedures of the School.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English or related education major
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Fluent in English
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in teaching English in high performing schools
- IG and A Level experience essential
- Show a track record of success in a previous Middle Leadership role
- Prior experience of working with ESL learners
- International school working experience is preferred
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary structure based on experience
- Housing allowance
- Medical insurance
- Flight allowance up to 10,000 RMB
- Full payment in summer and winter break
- 5 nights hotel reimbursement when relocating to Chongqing
- Child tuition policy
- Midterm breaks
- Paid sick leave 10 days