Work LocationGuangzhou( 广州 ),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required3 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)40000 - 45000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Teaching
We are looking for a Head of EAL for an international school based in Guangzhou. This is a full-time position starting from the upcoming academic year in August, 2023.
About the school
Located in Baiyun District of Guangzhou, this international school has four sections: early years, primary school, middle school and high school. It provides both Cambridge International Curriculum and British National Curriculum programs. The school campus is large, well-equipped with classrooms, a Music and Dance area, a Library and Information Centre, an Art room, laboratories, a soccer pitch and other recreational areas.
About the role
The Head of EAL has a key role in the life of the school. He/she leads a staff team and is accountable to the Senior Leadership Team for academic attainment and the progress of students within all EAL qualifications. Alongside the other Curriculum Leaders, he/she has a key management role in raising academic standards and contributing to the life of the School; in particular, the Head of EAL, alongside the rest of the department, advises staff throughout the school on best practice when teaching EAL students.
- To direct the teaching of EAL across all secondary divisions this includes liaising with the Vice-Principal (Curriculum) over timetabling and rooming
- To liaise with other academic departments in order to support EAL students across the curriculum and promote the highest standards of Teaching and Learning
- To liaise with the Examinations Officer in the entries, arrangements and provision of all external assessments and examinations
- To work with the Admissions Department in the setting and marking of Entrance Examinations where necessary and interviewing prospective students
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- English proficiency level
- Must have experience in heading a successful EAL department;
- Certified teaching certificate (PGCE/QTS Equivalent or degree in Education)
Salary and benefits
- Monthly salary of 40,000 to 45,000 RMB depending experience and qualifications
- Accommodation Free housing or extra living allowance provided
- Flight reimbursement
- Full medical insurance provided
- Summer and winter holidays
- National holidays