Work LocationGuangzhou( 广州 ),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required2 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Teaching
We are looking for an Assistant Principal for Academics for an international school based in Guangzhou. This is a full-time position starting from the upcoming academic year in August, 2023.
About the school
Located in Baiyun District of Guangzhou, this international school has four sections: early years, primary school, middle school and high school. It provides both Cambridge International Curriculum and British National Curriculum programs. The school campus is large, well-equipped with classrooms, a Music and Dance area, a Library and Information Centre, an Art room, laboratories, a soccer pitch and other recreational areas.
About the role
The Assistant Principal for Academics (APA) is responsible for assisting the Principal implement the academic program of the school. The APA oversees the development, design, review, and delivery of the curriculum ensuring alignment with goals and objectives. The APA also maintains and reviews the system of student academic record keeping, ensures effective communication and partnership is fostered with parents and students regarding academic progress and remediation, and works with faculty to promote and practice care for the whole person in the academic program. The APAA communicates with the Principal and Department Chairpersons on all matters, especially regarding academic policies, supervision of teachers and parental concerns and consults with the Principal on all major decisions. The APA works together with the other members of the School Life Team to assure effective operation of the school.
- British Secondary Curriculum experience / K-12 all-through experience (must have secondary teaching background)
- SLT experience (current Head of Dept looking for a step up is not the candidate we want)
- Teaching and Learning background – ideal
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Excellent communication skills
Salary and benefits
- Market competitive monthly salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Summer and winter holidays
- Medical health insurance
- Education for dependents children
- Bonus for completion of contract
- Opportunity for additional certificates