Work LocationShanghai( 上海 ),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required5 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Management
We are looking for an Academic Coordinator for the primary school division at a bilingual school based in Shanghai. This is a full-time position starting from the upcoming academic year in 2023.
About the role
The Academic Coordinator is a key educational leader within the primary school division and is the lead member of curriculum development and academic management for the division. The Academic Coordinator is expected to show initiative, be a visible presence, and be an exemplary communicator within their own key learning areas and in the school community. As the academic coordinator, you will be responsible for effective curriculum delivery, high achievement of educational learning goals, learning outcomes, academic standards and the meeting of targets and benchmarks, work on the action plan decided by the school and evaluate the effectiveness.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Curriculum development and supervision of the curriculum delivery
- Work with the school curriculum team to design appropriate curriculum and ensure the coherence of 1-9 curricula as well as the integration with the Chinese curriculum
- Create and supervise vertical and horizontal curriculum alignment teams.
- Along with the Heads of Department monitor delivery of curriculum and support teachers as needed in this area.
- Work with the curriculum team to design a staff training plan regarding curriculum development and implementation.
- Along with the Heads of Department oversee the selection of textbooks, resources, and other materials connected to curriculum implementation.
- Along with the curriculum writing team, assist teachers to develop the curriculum/unit plans and implementation strategies for their respective courses, including the identification and progression of key learning skills by grade.
- Along with the Heads of Department work with individual teachers to assess current resources, activities, assessments and evaluation methods currently in place and how these connect to the curriculum.
- Assist the curriculum review process
- Design and provide staff development relative to curriculum.
- Collect and interpret parent survey data as it pertains to delivery of curriculum.
- Hold a valid teaching license
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- Have five 5 years successful teaching experience in a primary school in the specific subject area related to the departmental position.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the syllabus requirements for all relevant subjects
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in education
Salary and benefits
- Successful candidates are offered a point on the salary scale which is appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
- Annual performance bonus
- Annual completion bonus
- Medical health insurance
- Annual flights to and from the home country
- And more