Work LocationShanghaiChinese RequiredNoExperience RequiredNone
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)12000 - 18000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsTeaching, Education
Looking for full-time Art Teachers for our training center located in Shanghai, China.
- Each art teacher will work approximately 35-40 hours on teaching or planning course curriculum.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Works with Curriculum Director to design course materials to fit the pace, goals, and skill level of class and matching instructor’s own style and strengths.
- Prepares in advance any materials students or office will need (i.e. material lists, handouts, audiovisual presentations.)
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students' work for the school and the community.
- Communicate with parents and colleagues on student progress.
- Evaluate each student's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understanding, and prepare progress reports.
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records.
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary 12,000 - 18,000 RMB
- Generous bonus compensation.
- Housing allowance 2,000-3,000 RMB per month.
- A roundtrip flight will be covered after finishing year contract.
- Paid major holidays.
- Successful candidates are ideally with previous art teaching experience with all ages. MA or MFA preferred, BA or BFA in art, art education or art history expected.
- Teachers demonstrate effective leadership, show responsibility, clear communication skills, technical and creative knowledge.
- Teachers must be able to communicate effectively with students, students’ parents, fellow teachers, and program administrators.
- Teachers should have the capacity to design, describe accurately and work with the Curriculum Director to adapt their classes into the larger curriculum.
- Teachers should have a thorough knowledge of the processes and materials used in the classes they teach.