Work LocationShanghaiChinese RequiredNoExperience Required1 Year
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)18000 - 21000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Teaching
Teach English in in the vibrant international city of Shanghai, China. Currently, we're looking for an English teacher starting in September 2019.
- This position will consist of a Full-time assignment teaching IB English (IB group two: language acquisition) and another high school English course
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluating students' class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Developing a teaching plan and lesson plan in line with the syllabus provided.
- Advising student on career or university application issues
- Guiding or coaching students on extra-curricular activities
- Completing parent and student counseling
- Secondary license or certification for teaching English, with a preference for a master’ degree in English literature or history or linguistics.
- Successful experience teaching IB English
- TESOL/TEFOL required
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teaching staff
- Ability to work in stressful situations and under pressure
- A positive attitude and Good listening/Planning/organizational skills
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary ranging from 18,000 – 21,000RMB (Basic salary negotiable depending on teaching experiences)
- Housing allowance of up to 6,000 RMB/ Month
- Paid Chinese public holidays
- Paid Summer/Winter holidays