Work LocationShanghai( 上海),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required5 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)41000 - 45000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsAdministrative, Education, Management
We are looking for an Assistant Principal for a bilingual school based in Shanghai. This is a full-time position starting from the upcoming academic year in August 2024.
About the school
A bilingual school, which was founded five years ago, is situated in the middle of the Pudong and Huangpu district of Shanghai. It provides bilingual teaching to students from first grade to the 12th grade of elementary, middle and high school. The school follows the Chinese national curriculum and has elements from the British IGCSE and A levels curriculums to meet the academic needs of its students.
- To oversee pastoral and boarding care of all students in the school;
- To line manage HSMs ensuring efficient operation of all boarding houses;
- To be required to live on the campus based on the school requirement;
- To assume overall responsibility for a safe, secure and supportive boarding provision for secondary-age students residing on campus.
- To ensure effective communication among boarding and pastoral staff which includes appropriate involvement of staff in decision making.
- To endeavor to build close links between the boarding provision and the families it serves, encouraging parental involvement where appropriate.
- To provide pastoral training to staff in the school;
- To design update and implement pastoral and boarding procedures for the school;
- To liaise with the Medical Centre about ill or injured students and preventing injury and illness;
- To act as the school point of contact for and arrange student appointments with the school psychologist;
- To act as safeguarding lead to the school;
- To be responsible, with the other section leaders, for the behavior of students in the school;
- To share, update and implement the school behavior policy;
- To lead the anti-bullying approach in the school;
- To oversee the operation of rewards and sanctions;
- To enforce the observance of the school’s rules by all students;
- To oversee the standards of dress, appearance and behavior of students;
- To ensure that record keeping in Houses is maintained appropriately;
- To liaise with parents as required.
- Participate in CPD activities;
- To lead on the creation and maintenance of prep and boarding rotas in the school;
- To ensure the highest standards of presentation within the school boarding houses;
- To participate in the marketing of the school;
- Support day and residential trips to enhance and encourage the skills and experience of all pupils;
- Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and enrichment of the school’s provision;
- Ensure clear communication with colleagues within the school;
- Contribute to and attend whole school community events throughout the year.
- Previous experience in a secondary boarding school situation.
- Previous experience of pastoral care systems and PSHE.
- Excellent people skills especially when dealing with parents.
- An ability to relate well to other cultures.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required by the boarding remit.
- Desirable: Experience within a Chinese and/or Asian culture
Desirable: Similar working experience role as (assistant) Housemaster.
Salary and benefits
- Annual Salary of 500,000 to 550,000 RMB before tax
- Accommodation allowance of 8,000 RMB a month
- Fully paid Summer and Winter holidays
- Airfare allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Public holidays
- Health Insurance