Work LocationShanghai( 上海),Chinese RequiredNoExperience Required2 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsWriting/Editing, Consulting, Finance
We are an independent investment research firm seeking a dedicated, experienced candidate for a Research Editor role. The ideal person is curious and detail-oriented, with strong initiative and solid experience writing/editing business-related content. Analyst experience and knowledge of financial markets is a big plus.
- Managing the report production process from thesis conception to publication, often under tight time constraints. This includes editing reports, Excel workbooks, dashboard graphics and charts through all stages of production.
- Collaborating closely with English-speaking Chinese analysts to refine their research theses, articulate their message and communicate key conclusions in both written and graphical form. This involves rewriting/restructuring draft research to refine messaging, checking sources and implementing house style.
- Managing product pipeline with an eye on quarterly earnings cycles; ensuring timely product distribution through a variety of online platforms.
- Developing products and editorial processes that add value for our investor clients and improve overall efficiency.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, native English speaker.
- Three or more years of work experience in a related field – e.g. journalism, financial services, market research.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to guide junior colleagues in best practices, training, prioritization.
- Expert knowledge of English grammar, usage and punctuation. Familiarity with AP Style and American-English.
- An analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate and interpret data.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of financial markets and China business environment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; familiarity with Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity with Chinese internet companies/platforms e.g. WeChat, Weibo, Baidu.
- Currently on a work residence permit is a plus.