ESL Curriculum Developer
Work LocationShanghaiChinese RequiredNoExperience Required3 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)25000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Program & Product Management
This individual will work with academic product team to co-design and develop curriculum content, training materials related to curriculum, training modules, teaching aids, and manage some aspects of curriculum development such as test-run, implementation, evaluation and updates of programs. This individual will be expected to deliver accurate, high-quality documentation with a specified deadline and timeline.
- Work with team members to analyze courses and students’ needs, review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials. Work with team members to co-design and develop curriculum contents, training materials, training modules, teaching aids etc.
- Work with operations staff to develop procedures and guidance for teachers and other staff to implement curriculum.
- Improve the design of the curriculum based on student data, feedback from staff, actual observation of class and feedback on test run of curriculum designed;
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate the effectiveness of the program and keep updating curricula to ensure the curricula designed meet the needs of target customers;
- Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or programs.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
Note: You may be asked to teach a limited amount of classes in order to understand the course and trial new alterations to existing courses, or test-run new courses. Your teaching hours will be determined by the Academic Management based on current development needs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a CELTA, TESOL with a minimum of 3-4 years of teaching experiences in training centers or international schools, ideally at least 1-2 years’ experiences related to kids teaching and the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses. Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in language, linguistics, education or TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good understanding of kids teaching practice and key principles;
- Good collaboration and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills;
- Good analytical skills, effective writing skills and Creative skills;