Work LocationShenzhenChinese RequiredNoExperience Required3 Years
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)22000 - 25000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsEducation, Management, Teaching
As a head teacher you will manage the center academic department by maintaining pro-active oversight over key areas, providing remedial action and training where necessary. You will collaborate with the Center Manager to build business opportunities for the center and create a strong customer base and work to form a highly reputable center teaching team that is productive and accountable within the wider national team.
You will also be expected to foster a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
- Pro-actively oversee and implement school’s curricula, screener and placement processes.
- Monitor and report student’s assessment
- Oversee teachers’ academic administration documents (i.e. lesson plans and course files) and share teaching resources with colleagues at other centers.
- Organize teacher training workshops that respond Implement school’s standards for teacher appraisal, including scheduled lesson evaluations, check-in sessions and setting of individual objectives.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of individual teacher training, observations and evaluations.
- Mentor and coach individual teacher to help them achieve their development goals.
- Support ongoing curriculum development of courses by retaining and sharing teaching resources and occasionally developing new resources under direction of Academic Management.
- Organize and co-lead focused and action-oriented weekly meetings with center staff and teachers.
- Complete all academic reporting as assigned by Academic Management.
- Conduct interviews of new teachers for center, reporting feedback to HR.
- Support the Centre Manager with business development. Help with sales, referral and marketing events.
- Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives
- Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment
- Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximize learning opportunities
- Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
- Provide timely and effective student feedback.
- Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning
- Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings
- Conduct student screening and placement
Minimum qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences.
- Preference currently given to candidates with an English, Education or Science major.
- A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Minimum of three years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
- Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
- Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
- Prior experience with curriculum development.
- Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics, and technology.
- Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
- Prior experience at English training centers.
- Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
Salary and benefits
- Base Salary 22,000 to 25,000 CNY/ Month
- Housing Allowance: 3,000 to 4,000 CNY/ Month
- Contract completion: One month salary
- 10 days annual leaves days + 11 days national holidays + 1 Christmas day
- 12 days paid sick leave
- Health insurance
- Work visa allowance
- Flight allowance up to 6,000 CNY
- One week accommodation upon arrival