Work LocationXinjiChinese RequiredNoExperience RequiredNone
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFreelance
Teaching English as a visiting Young Learner Teachers in one of our specially-selected partner schools in Xinji City Heibi. Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong/Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months. Newly TEFL Qualified EFL teachers are welcome to apply. No minimum teaching experience is required with full induction provided. No document notarization is required. Experience and explore Chinese culture and teaching, while being looked after by local staff from an accredited UK school.
Teaching English as a visiting Young Learner Teachers in one of our specially-selected partner schools in Xinji City Heibi. Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong/Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months.
Newly TEFL Qualified EFL teachers are welcome to apply! No minimum teaching experience with full induction provided upon arrival in China including local information and teaching induction.
No document notarization is required. Straightforward visa application with full visa support from our UK based team. You will only need to submit your passport and passport sized photo to complete the China visa application.
Location: Xinjin City, Shijiazhuang, Hebei
- w/b 03 December 2018 (immediate start depending on visa granted date)
Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong or Korea for 6 months exchange programme.
Location: Xinjin City, Shijiazhuang, Hebei
Age range of students: 2-5 / 6-9 / 10-13
What is the maximum number of students per class: 25
What courses are the teacher(s) expected to teach? ESL, General English, English Conversation
Xinji is a municipality directly under the jurisdiction of the province, and is the open city approved by the State Council. The urban transportation is very convenient, it has 65 kilometers distance to the provincial capital Shijiazhuang, 220 kilometers to Beijing and Tianjin, and 120 kilometers away from Xiongan New Area. Xinji is the capital of leather in China. In 2012, Xinji Leather City won the title of "the most popular trading center". Xinji leather industry has a long history. It began in Ming Dynasty and flourished in Qing Dynasty. It is known as "Xinji fur world" and is the largest fur distribution center and commercial port in Chinese history. It has been awarded the "National Model Base for Foreign Trade Transformation and Upgrading", "China Leather and Clothing Capital" and "National AAAA Class Tourist Area". Surrounding cities includes Beijing, Tianjin, Shijiazhuang.
TEACHER’S HOURS OF WORK, SALARY AND BENEFITS
- £10 to £15 per teaching contact hour (minimum of 24 per week).
- Any additional teaching hours in excess of your contracted teaching hours will be paid at time-and-a-quarter.
- Office based class preparation required, 30 minutes for every 1 hour of teaching. Prep time is unpaid unless specified otherwise.
- £8 per admin hour – only paid when authorised by the partner school for duties such as invigilating exams, helping with placement tests, peer observation, attending INSETT, formal teacher meetings and observation feedback meeting.
- Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong, Korea or a close by destination for exchanges longer than 3 months.
- Part of teacher’s pay can be made in local currency.
- Accommodation in China arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group.
- International flight to China arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group (deposit required).
- China airport transfer arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group.
- China exchange visa arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group.
- Work with a reputable UK company. We are here to help! You will be met by our local team upon arrival at the airport. Our local team will assist you in settling in at your accommodation and you will have a free day to rest well before your induction at our partner school on the following day. A mobile handset will be provided upon arrival with pre-installed useful apps to help you settle in China, and to be returned to our local team once your contract is ended in China.
TEACHER’S MAIN DUTIES
- Teaching 24 hours of well-prepared lessons each week using the materials of the Roxinford Education Group's partner school.
- Teachers have their own autonomy to select the teaching materials they find most suitable for their students.
- Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
- Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
- Assisting with school admin tasks if asked.
- Reporting to the teachers’ room at least twenty minutes before class.
- Writing End of Course Reports prior to the end of each student’s course if required.
- Keeping accurate attendance records and informing your manager immediately if any discrepancies exist on your class registration.
- Ensuring all students under your care follow the partner school´s rules.
- Keeping the partner school Academic Manager up to date with any student misbehaviour, absence from lessons, or any student welfare concerns.
- Advising the partner school Academic Manager of any level discrepancies within your group.
- Sharing best practice, useful materials and teaching experience with colleagues.
- Reporting to the Roxinford Education Group Academic Exchange Programme management team and our local staff on a regular basis.
Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though – our staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
- TEFL qualification or equivalent (online TEFL qualification is accepted)
- An undergraduate degree
- Effective communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and sense of adventure!
- Young Learner teaching experience and/or qualification e.g. PGCE, CERT-YL, TYLEC
- More than a years’ teaching experience
- Experience of teaching overseas
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
Should we invite you for interview…
We will require two recent and relevant referees. Any gaps in your CV will need to be explained satisfactorily. We will ask for a one-minute self-introduction video to be shared with our partner school. Two forms of official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Roxinford Education Group is committed to safer recruitment. You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK. You will also be asked to sign the Children’s Act 1989 Declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that there is no reason you cannot work with children or vulnerable adults. Roxinford Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy as well as procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors will be expected to adhere to.